Friday 31 January 2014

Follow Your Dreams

A couple of weeks ago I decided to try out a few distress markers after seeing them being used and liking the look of them. If you are anything like me then you have probably tried every single pen that has ever been released and have bought the whole set ! I was very restrained this time and only bought 4 ! 



I used them on this really pretty Penny Black stamp which is how I envisaged using them. I coloured the stamp with them, breathed on the stamp and then applied it to some watercolour paper I've had hanging around.

There are some gorgeous shabby looking cards around and I'm loving the trend of gold sentiments so I heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of vellum and sewed the edges shabbily !  I carried on the gold theme by splatting the image with some gold ink spray.

I love how this card has turned out and I'm impressed with my distress markers too !

As always, you can see links to what I used below.

Have a great Friday !

 



5 comments:

  1. Oh...Jo, this is so Gorgeous! So loving the colors of the flowers, the sentiment in gold is Beautiful, love love everything about this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO incredibly lovely. Thank you for sharing your process. You have me rethinking Distress Markers. That is how we can so much color into an intricate stamp. Ideal. Love checking out your site!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card, I pinned it too - so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...