Wednesday 22 September 2010

Simon Says Challenge - Jay Jay's Sketch


How are we all on this gorgeous Autumnal morning ? I love these mornings when the sun is trying to peep out behind the mist and there is that nip in the air.

I'm also in a state of excitement because its only 3 more sleeps to Ally Pally ! Woooo hoooo ! I can't wait to get there and meet up with all my lovely, scrummy friends again, we have soooo much fun, laughter and chatting my whole face aches for days afterwards !!!

Anyway, welcome to another Simon Says Challenge !

This week our Guest Designer for the next 4 weeks is Jay Jay ! Welcome Jay Jay !!

Jay Jay has very kindly given us this fantastic sketch to follow




The DT are this week showcasing Sarah Kay Stamps but you can of course use any image you like for this challenge.

There is of course this fantastic prize on offer for the lucky winner.....





Here is my take on the sketch which is, as always, very like the original !!





The DP's are by Crate Paper "Restoration Collection" and these are in a handy 6x6 pad - just how cool is that ?!

The Sarah Kay stamp I have used is called "First Kiss" which unfortunately isn't showing in the Simon Says Stamp store at the moment. I am sure that more stocks will be coming in shortly and Heidi or Steph will order something in for you if you need it 'cause they are kind like that !!

The sentiment has been made up with these terrific Prima clear stamps and I have stamped the letters in Hero Arts Chalk Ink - Punch.

The heart, ribbons, lace and pearls are all from my stash.

We hope you can come and play with us this week and we look forward to seeing your take on Jay Jay's Sketch.

We also have a challenge for you over at Papercraft Planet and the theme over there is "Give Thanks and Colour Challenge". There are some great prizes on offer over there too !

Unfortunately, we have some sad news to share with you this week. Our fabby team member Martine has decided to leave us which is such a shame but the poor lass works so hard with her crafting and blog designing she deserves a break !


I also wanted to share a touching moment with you that I had at the weekend when we went away in our caravan for the weekend. We stayed in a town called Devizes which is probably about 12 miles aways from us and the campsite we chose was just over the road from the craft shop I have told you about in the past called "Potato Patch Crafts".

The lady who owned the shop, Jane, sadly lost her long battle with breast cancer earlier in the year and I was so upset. Jane was only 46 years old and had a daughter of 11 years old and a husband who she spoke about non-stop ! Jane was so inspirational and such an enormous help to me and many others through her workshop and just by popping in the shop for a chat.

Anyway, we took a walk to the shop as I was unsure whether or not it had been kept open by her friends and I was so pleased to see that it was open as usual for business ! The new owner is a lovely lady who scrapbooks herself so like Jane, she only picks the finest products to sell !!! Jane had apparently worked up until 3 weeks before died and had given her blessing to her friend to buy the shop and to keep it running after her death so at least she knew it would be in safe hands and her passion for crafting could continue.

Potato Patch Crafts will be running workshops for adults as well as children and their grand opening is this Saturday so if you are reading this and in the Devizes area, please give Potato Patch Crafts a visit !

I had to fight back the tears when I was in the shop as I remembered all the good times I had had there and even more so when I saw that the cards I had sent to Jane had all been displayed on the wall in the workshop. I felt so honoured when I saw them. Jane, I shall miss you darlin. Rest in peace.

Sorry to end on such a sad note but people as brave and determined as Jane deserve recognition for all their hard work and bravery through such a terrible illness.

Thank you for your vist, I love you all xxx



16 comments:

  1. Hi hun, your card is pure gorgeous. I love the little letter stamps, me thinks I need some. A sad and touching story about Jane. I am glad her shop lives on - a tribute to her!
    Take care babe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw Jo sending you a hug, what a moving story.
    Your card is just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jo :-) such a cute image and the papers and letter stamps are gorgeous ,, I love the ribbons and heart too :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    very moving and sad story ,, I hope the shop continues to do well and it is nice to know that the new owner has kept things like they were ,,, cards an'all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sketch. What a lovely story, my Sister lives in Amesbury which is quite near Devises so next time I am down South I will pop along.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love the heart embellie in the corner, very pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, what a moving story Jo!

    The card is gorgeous with it's fab colours.

    Big hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jo - it's been a sad day news wise, now you have me in tears again with your wonderfully touching story of Jane.
    Gorgeous card, lovely colours and papers. Love that beautifully coloured image and all your stunning details.
    Loads of huggles, Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jo what a touching story!!
    Beautiful card!!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving this paper...so gorgeous! The ribbon is way fun too!!

    You sure know how to get “sketchy”!! FAB work!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful sweet card Jo, fab papers. What a sad story, nice to hear the shop still continues.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so beautiful!! The colours are fine!! The papers are really great!!! Love this card))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    your card is so lovely.
    Like everything on it.

    Hugs
    DOmi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous card Jo. Love the sweet image you've used and the wonderful details also. Hugs
    Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Jo, this is so pretty - your colours are gorgeous and the 'LOVE' lettering and cute image go perfectly together! Thanks so much for letting us know about Jane and Potato Patch crafts, she must have been unbelievably brave and determined. :) Have a nice weekend. Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jo, I love the soft colors you chose to color your card with this week. Just a perfect combination for the Sarah Kay stamps. Great take on the sketch teamie!! Love the airbrushed background too.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet card! I love how it looks like the heart have wings ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...