Saturday 10 January 2009

BasicGrey Challenge #17

This week on the BasicGrey Challenge Blog ......

"For this weeks challenge we would like to see you use some chipboard in your creations, fear not if you don't have any chipboard though, a good alternative is to recycle think cardboard that is usually found in boxes, simply cut some shapes from it, decorate it how you please and your good to go :), and of course not to forget to use at least one item from BasicGrey somewhere on your creation"

This is the card that I made for this week's challenge :



I used the fantastic BasicGrey Archaic papers for this card and picked out that fabby dark orange colour with some Core'dinations card (if you haven't got any of this, it should go on your "must have" list !).

The image is Matthieu and Arthur from Toodles and Binks (they can be found on sale at Stamp Galaxy) and I have coloured these cute little chaps with my ProMarkers and used the label nesties. Matthieu's lolly has been covered in glossy accents and diamond dust to give it that "sugar crusted" look - yum, yum !!

The ribbon is from Cards and Craft and I used a BasicGrey button and some cord.

The number 5 is a chipboard number I have used. I bought a box from The Papermillshop. I covered it in brown Core'dinations card and sanded the edges and then covered it in crackle glaze.

I made the sentiment on my PC.

What a great challenge this week and the DT have made some amazing projects this week and they are all so different. Take a peek, you can see them on the blog

I'm looking forward to seeing your fabby creations too.

Have a great weekend !

16 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, your card is fabby, such a cute and beautifully coloured image and the perfect paper to go with it. The chipboard number looks great, love that crackle paint effect and also your yummy sugary lolly. I think I might be a chipboard convert after this challenge LOL. Have a great weekend, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is gorgeous Jo. See you been using your nesties :) they look brilliant. Have a lovely weekend :) Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jo, the sugared lolly is fab and love the chipboard, It's such a perfect card for a little child! Just to mention I think we're on challenge #17! Have a great weekend HuGs Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, Your card is soooo much fun! I love the twill tape with the cat prints on it...too cute and perfect with this adorable image! You colourd it so beautifully and the crackled chipboard looks fabulous! Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card...love the idea of covering core with crackle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is superb Jo! I love the crackled effect you've created on the number! The archaic papers works so well too! I really want those nestie shapes, must go and see if I've got enough pennies in the jar..... doubt it!!
    Have a great weekend, I'm sending you some of my peace and quiet right now, not all of it though, lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Jo, I love the image. Pascale :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Jo! Love the BG papers and the chipboard effect is great . Love the crackle glaze.
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is a gorgeous card Jo, I love what you have done with the number

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute 'lil stamp!
    Gorgeous colours and design Jo, will post everything next week along with your card!

    Hugs
    Dawn
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute stamped image ! Great card ! love it !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Jo. Love the colours and your layout is super. I really like the chipboard number - methinks I must give crackle glaze a try - I love the effect.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jo - me again - (I really don't save myself work !!!) - I've left you something on my blog.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me again matey, I'm just about to leave something for you on my blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. fantastic work Jo, That card will go down really well with the receiver

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. great job Jo, just love this card.

    Kay
    Toodles and Binks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...