Saturday 13 December 2008

BasicGrey Challenge #15

This week over on the BasicGrey Challenge Blog ......

"For this weeks challenge we would like to see you use some recycling on your creations, eg, cardboard, parts cut from another card, material from old clothes, postage stamps, it can be anything you like, the list is endless, also its not essential that the recycled item has to be old and used, you could simply use the inside of a business envelope for example as i know they can have some lovely patterns that can be used as backing papers etc, so have fun and of course not forgetting to use at least one item from basicgrey somewhere on your creation"

This is my card ..




Firstly, I am sorry for the dreadful photo. It is so dark and miserable here I have had terrible trouble trying to get a decent photo even with all the lights on and a light over the top of my card !

The patterned papers I have used are BasicGrey Wassail and some gorgeous handmade paper with gold dots on it (this must be recycled somehow ?). I have also used some purple Bazzill for matting.

The main recycled "green" part is the dark purple patterned card that the Angel are on and the tags. This was card from a cake box that my daughter's birthday cake came in from Tesco ! I thought this card might come in handy for Christmas time as it had patterns of snowflake type shapes on it so I kept it in my box of scraps.

The Angel is a download from All That Scraps and she is coloured with ProMarkers and the only two Copic pens I have ! I have glittered her wings with some fabulous glitter which I bought from Crafts U Love called "Twinklets Diamond Dust" and it is little pieces of glass which sparkle just like diamonds. I also used this on the two brads and snowflake. You may just pick this up from the second photo I have taken if you zoom in.

The snowflake has been cut using my Cuttlebug and I rubbed some purple Brilliance ink and pink Colorbox chalk onto it and sprinkles the whole lot with diamond dust. The filigree and brad are from my stash.

The pink ribbon is also from my stash.

This week is the final week for the BasicGrey Challenge Blog until the New Year so you have plenty of time to gear up for our next challenge. We look forward to seeing you back again with us next year.

Thank you so much for popping by and visiting me and for any lovely comments that you leave !

Take care and have a good weekend. Hugs to all.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jo, she is coloured so well. How are the copics? Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, gorgeous card, love the image too! Wonderful use of the cake box! Hope you are well, HuGs Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab card Jo, and great use of the cake box too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo, your card is stunning! Love your image your gorgeous colouring and that sparkly snowflake is perfection. Brilliant idea to use the cake box too and the colours are so pretty. Hope you're having a good weekend. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the unconventional colours for Christmas, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Jo, I love your bit of recycling, very clever!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely image and the colours are fab

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...