Saturday 25 October 2008

BasicGrey Challenge Blog - Challenge # 8

I can't believe that we are on challenge number 8 already ! Where on earth has that time gone ? How time flies when you are having so much fun !

Anyway, enough of my waffling ! This week on the BasicGrey Challenge Blog the challenge is all about shapes.

"This week we would like you to get shapely by using squares, circles, rhomboids, triangles, etc on your creations :), and of course to use at least one item from BasicGrey somewhere on your creations. The prize for this weeks lucky winner is a Joanna Sheen Fashion Boutique 3 disk papercraft cd set worth a whopping £34.95"

This it the card that I made for the DT challenge this week and boy, I really enjoyed making this one. For some reason I am into green at the moment, probably because it looks so good with the gold card I have.



To make this card I used :

Bazzill card in "Ivy", gold satin finish card and BasicGrey Dasher "Eggnog" patterned paper.

The image is an image sent to me by Jen which I coloured using Derwent coloursoft pencils, Sansodor and tortillions (a new technique that I am trying that I read about somewhere). The holly and baubles have been highlighted with glamour dust and glossy accents although this doesn't show on the photo. The glossy accents also sent the purple colouring on the lower bauble flourescent pink, this wasn't intentional !!! I don't know why its done this, I've never had that problem before and all the other colours have remained "true" ! The Christmas tree has Star Dust Stickles on it and this doesn't show in the photo either.

The flower is a Prima flower to which I have added some Brilliance gold ink and I have done the same with the leaf. Martine very kindly sent me the leaf together with some other goodies in a beautiful RAK.

The brad is a Making Memories brad from CraftsULove.

The ribbons are from my stash.

I shall now raid my card stock for some different coloured card to make some more Christmas cards !

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend and happy crafting !

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant colouring Jo and I love the distressed look on the Prima flower.
    love
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jo, I love what you've done with the Hydrangea flower.
    Thanks for your lovely comment.
    I like Basic Grey papers because you get two of each - the first I cut into - no problem - it's the second one I can't bear to use.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with your card :) Gorgeous!
    Thnx for commenting me ;)
    xoxo, margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous! I love the layout, and everything in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Jo.... Chrismassy but very different!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. I love the colouring. Have I said this already? I was sure I posted a comment already - Think I'm just loosing it :)
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is gorgeous - so beautiful and superb colouring..

    Dawn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the theme, great lo and fab colours :)

    Marlene x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this card is truely awesome hun
    (clapping) stunning well done xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...